THE SUN'S HAPPY DAY

The sun stretched and yawned,
Causing shafts of gold to light-speed across the ocean.
Morning mist blurred distant horizon line,
Making grayish-green water melt into sky.

The arc of flame surged from the horizon,
Spattering fringes of cloudlets with sizzling embers.
High-energy waves crashed toward shore,
Spreading white lace tablecloths in their wake.

The luminous orb arose,
Saturating the beach with life-giving light.
Seagulls hovered over shoreline shallows,
Competing with pelicans that skimmed surf's swell.

The star of the show befriended cirrus clouds,
Playing hide-and-seek with whipped cream puffs.
Warmed sea water churned and cooked kelp fronds,
Washing reddish brown jellyfish ashore.

The flaming disk watched all day long,
Emboldening surfers, kayakers and paddle-boaters.
Multicolored sailboats skimmed the water,
Entertaining tourists on decks of sightseeing yachts.

The celestial body smiled down from above,
Celebrating wobble-running toddlers and couples in love.
Sand shifted according to high and low tides,
Revealing, then concealing pebbles, stones and shells.

The shining sphere slowly descended,
Preparing to snuggle into the horizon.
Tide lazily receded toward lowest level,
Exhibiting sand patterns like quilted bedspreads.

Comments

Bart McConnell
02/03/2014 11:51pm

Poetry at its best! Next time I'm at the beach, it will be with new eyes.

Meredith A.
02/11/2014 2:55pm

Beautiful poem! Hope you post some more.

Amy Stevenson
02/21/2014 12:11pm

Most of us just see water and sand as water and sand. We are seeing without really seeing. You see white lace tablecloths and quilted bedspreads.

11/20/2015 9:23am

Thank you for sharing this post with us, I am working in Odyssey Surf School as a surf trainer. If you are planning a long summer holiday, then surfers paradise is the ideal choice for you. If you want to spend your holiday in a luxurious and a flexible manner then you can plan for the gold coast holidays.

12/10/2015 2:17pm

I am so much excited after reading your blog. Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful for any industry as well as for person.

01/11/2016 1:31am

The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.

01/20/2016 8:24am

This is very much a work in progress whenever I find out about one who is more beautiful than any of these I will add her and kick out number ten Thanks for sharing the informative post.
Regards

02/12/2016 8:22pm

I'm very pleased to discover this page. I wanted to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to see new things on your blog.

I like this poem. You are very good at writing.

I am truly happy to review your blog post. I located a lots of approaches after visiting your blog sites. Great work.

The sun's happy day is celebrated and enjoyed by the entire society. It is moved and organized at large scale and extent. It is primal and arranged at certain places and resorts of the society.

03/26/2016 12:22am

Of wire machines which all have a different take on the standard row so take your pick, use a extensive hold and energy yourself through the sets! Wide hold curved over series - I've saved the best performance out for last. Wide hold curved over series has been used by just about every top stage bodybuilder on the planet. They

03/27/2016 11:53pm

With the launch of your systems own natural anabolic testosterone... Right? (I mean where the heck else would it have come from?) So the question is how do we harness this muscular building energy that's lying dormant within your whole body program right now? Well the key is to understand exactly how your whole body

03/28/2016 11:33pm

Patterns promptly in the event that you are not eating a sound eating regimen. A percentage of the nourishments you ought to be eating incorporate crisp natural products, incline meats, for example, fish, chicken or turkey, verdant green vegetables, cocoa rice, entire grains and others. Take some an opportunity to

03/29/2016 11:45pm

Restoring muscular tissues. While the answer is sound judgment, the real trick is that your appetite is very low and because of this you won't want to eat a lot of meals. So, one way that you can function around this and form the best exercise for ectomorph kind is that you can actually eat more meals less often. Normally you

03/31/2016 12:19am

Concentrate on swinging motions so you end up exercising your primary, buttocks, hip and legs, legs, and hands. This is the case for many of the exercises that you do with kettle bells. Bodybuilding exercises also concentrate on muscle development

04/01/2016 11:44pm

Objectives and objectives of individual body developing and decreasing body weight where applicable, coupled with a sensible diet strategy, restoration periods and relax. Hypertension is a prevalent problem in which high blood pressure rises above

04/03/2016 11:45pm

The "victims" are usually known to have been users of other drugs also It is for this very believe that the debate wages on whether or not steroids indeed have life-threatening adverse reactions But let me ask you, would you trade a muscle

04/04/2016 11:07pm

Because if you don't then you will get plenty of calorie consumption and glucose than you deal for You also need to understand that you need to eat oatmeal on a day where you do a lot of actions because your human body really needs a lot of your

04/05/2016 11:16pm

Are an excellent way to accomplish this Triceps strength also improves with falls and this is an integral aspect in the final force when benching Use regular falls on a bar and when you get reps add some fat or even hit the gymnastic rings if available

04/14/2016 12:32am

Never fold your hands when rising; instead the hands should be straight whole time that you are training to create muscle. Bring the load down gradually in a controlled manner. At year 'round, keep stomach up and your gaze forward. This stops the rear from getting rounded. Variations The Romanian deadlight (RDL) is executed by

04/21/2016 1:57pm

I found a great band - Eluveitie - you should try them!

04/25/2016 6:44am

Blend of Probiotics

These Probiotics are active yeast and bacteria. They work to improve our gut.
This, in turn, helps us to balance the digestive tract with healthy bacteria in the gut.
It also helps us with diarrhea and for those who can’t digest lactose.
Green Tea Extract

http://www.fitnessbites.org/max-synapse-reviews ‎ http://www.supplementsoffer.com/non-surgical-breast-enhancement

04/28/2016 12:48am

Wild as could be allowed let’s head on over now to Pro Resources and I'm a demonstrate to you the sevenstage get ready now a little while later okay so here we are in Pro Resources does the development I implement yet like I said there's a ton of different unusual development out there and a tremendous way of measuring awesome sections out there so don’t get nonsensically got up to time frame with that I'm going to provide you

04/29/2016 3:29am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia you know that's up to 3,000 bucks a year just let alone so think about that the hands though it go off and they get their food and they bring it home and eat it and they don't eat very much caloric intake is around about 2200 calories a day most..

Tary 1938
04/30/2016 12:45am

Bellaplex so good I guess that's why I am obsessed a few but another reason that I purchase the shin allies because she now spends stay with you all day long week you can always Russian Perfume by hours and hours later you get snow yourself and you can still smell on you and I think those are like the best perfumes ever let really long

Piceat 1959
05/02/2016 1:49am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia name That They do not want to put on the label ette ethylene diamine tetra whos is acetic acid and That would make esta agree it was even longer These food chemicals food additives are many of them whos limited by the FDA in Seoul whos say on a label less than .5 percent or less than 2 percent but I like but I want you to realize is That These different chemicals are found in

Unpled 42
05/02/2016 11:06pm

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia bag I'm going to reveal the healthy alternatives that you 'healthy beverages can drink so leave your guess and let me know what do you think is in esta back be sure to watch the video so you can find ap sex degraded and see what we've got okie Dokie this is a good one the Arizona iced-t_ so just looking at esta label the words We Have 100 percent natural green tea

Saut 1984
05/03/2016 11:29pm

Bellaplex my cheekbones and I also ok Sam down my news and then I cupid's bow little bit more powder all together so sweet what's resources for sure and that is held over my acne on a day-to-day basis guys it doesn't take long to practice and easy to find cheap enough to buy and they last a long time and you know nobody ever comment on the game at the moment and exterior and interior painting and you

Boll 1969
05/04/2016 11:10pm

premium cleanse doing this together it takes about 12 weeks to truly transform your body I mean to completely look like a whole different person cell I going to be doing a very very very special twelve-week new body makeover meal plan for you guys I'm working with me certified nutritionist over at weekend com develop perfect meal plan for you you think a lot of my blog lines recipes along

05/05/2016 11:15pm

Bellaplex you get a lot not to get caught near get on lectern one goal in touch knowledge not so you have to make sure the massage was good to get all of and Inc you want to do this rock higher okay though let's get started go the No the new and you said you just do sir when you when the dryer a make sure that your only here face dry especially in this area right underneath your eyes is very sensitive you want to make

05/06/2016 11:12pm

premium cleanse grass-fed or pasture raised on the packaging and missed it can also be applied over to eggs as well that come from grass-fed or pastor raise chickens now if you want to hear I'll more detailed discussion about grass-fed versus factory farmed meets either we have a whole other video specifically on that topic yes but the bottom line here is to look for those words grass pad or pastor raised and that will tell you that

05/16/2016 1:51am

I've made $64,000 so far this year w0rking 0nline and I'm a full time student. I'm using an 0nline business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great m0ney. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out aboutit. Here’s what I've beendoing…

Thankfulness to my father who stated to me concerning this blog, this blog is really amazing.

Since 8 Ball Pool is undoubtedly a favorite game, there are many online discussion boards that provides you guidelines on getting better at the overall game. Although these pointers and tricks are of help, they remain not really a warranty of you being successful. With 8 Ball Pool Cheats you will be of winning due to advantage over your competitor sure.

07/20/2016 3:25am

Fight Camp is produced by PennyPop which is one of the very most popular video games people play online. That is a multi player game that permits players to hook up with other players online and play with or against them in receiving various battles. There are a variety of levels in this game so that the player rises their monsters become much better.

08/11/2016 2:55am

Overall the Hill Climb Racing Hack is one of the very most effective Hacks to make use of in order to go ahead in the overall game. This Hack can help you get endless free cash, update to the automobile of your decision and also up grade the automobile for better performance. The Cheats has been tested on various devices and multiple platforms and it is effective each time. Be sure you do not over use the Hack since this are certain to get your noticed by the developers. Making use of the Cheats frequently will make the overall game boring and simply too easy that can be played.

The only problem is that to obtain these weapons you must have enough gems and gold and also infinite health to go on. When you get a degree of yellow metal and gems when you down load the overall game, these don't last for very long and once they are really tired, it becomes very hard to play the overall game effectively.

09/09/2016 5:02am

Sketches are in fact pleasant source of teaching instead of content, its my familiarity, what would you say?